This week has been another fabulous week for Dash with some awesome news developments! Continue reading to get a summary of the week!
Dash Announcements of the Week:
- Dash Stress Test: On Sunday, November 11 (UTC Time) Dash will be undergoing a network stress test of around 4-5 million transactions within 24 hours. This will be setting a cryptocurrency record and demonstrating the power of the Dash network. You do not want to miss this!
- Dash Core Group’s Chief Architect Departing to Work on Evolution DApps: Andy Freer, the Chief Architect for DCG, has said that he now feels confident enough in the team’s development progress and near completion of Evolution to leave his role with DCG. After a break, he will start work on developing DApps built on top of Evolution once it is released. Andy will be one of the first to contribute to an emerging platform for independent and cooperative development to create decentralized applications for consumers.
Dash Integration of the Week:
- Spondoolies Create New Dash Miners: The new SPx36 ASIC miners are drastically increasing the Dash network’s hashrate and security since being released a couple months ago. The larger hashrate creates a more secure network, while also signaling bullish confidence of the network. Since the new miners cost much more upfront, it will now take miners 2-3 years to breakeven at current prices or exchange price will have to increase 2x-3x to recover their costs within a year, based on calculations done by community members. This indicates that miners and investors are confident in Dash’s longevity.
Dash Community Outreach of the Week:
- Dash Embassy D-A-CH Spreading Awareness with Roadshow and ATMs: The Dash Embassy D-A-CH team has been operating the roadshow for a few months and has had over 200 attendees across 5 tour stops at universities, industry organizations and co-working spaces. They are also partnering up with a crypto ATM provider to enhance their distribution and advertisement of 40 multi-coin ATMs, including Dash. The team’s presence is influencing the opinions of individuals about Dash across German-speaking Europe.
General News of the Week:
- Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork Threatens Hash War: The debate between Bitcoin Cash ABC and Bitcoin Cash SV threaten a chain split and a possible hash war in vying for control. ABC is backed by Bitcoin.com, Coinbase, Binance, and others, while SV is mostly backed by nChain and CoinGeek. The exact outcome is still not clear, but many fear potentially devastating effects from slow transactions to alienating cryptocurrency adopters. The debate highlights the importance of having solid governance, such as Dash’s DAO, to achieve consensus more easily and prevent nasty community splits and forks like Bitcoin has seen.
- Geopolitical Tensions Create Demand for SWIFT Alternatives: New US sanctions on Iran are causing international actors to explore the possibility of creating an alternative to SWIFT, the global financial messaging service, since the US is strong-arming SWIFT into blockading any institutions that deal with Iran. Only a few years ago, Russia created an alternative due to the same reasons. The actions signal a need to move away from global, centralized financial processors so individuals around the world can remain free and independent from the actions of a few world leaders.
- Taiwan to Crack Down on Anonymous Cryptocurrency Transactions: Taiwan is now requiring AML/KYC compliance systems on cryptocurrency exchanges, including ‘real-name systems’ requiring users to register with their real names. Failing to comply could result in fines of around $144,507 USD value. The actions demonstrate the usefulness of decentralized, peer-to-peer exchanges, such as bisq, to prevent demands from government agencies. Nevertheless, the most private way to receive funds is in direct compensation for goods and services, which Dash has been prioritizing with its acceptance at over 4,000 merchants around the world and fast and inexpensive transaction fees.
- Cardano Structural Dispute Highlights Necessity of Self-Operating DAOs: Charles Hoskinson, creator of Cardano recently discussed how the Cardano Foundation, which is tasked with the community needs has been slaking on its responsibilities and left IHOK and Emurgo taking on extra responsibilities. The Cardano Foundation was suppose to kick-start events and then DAO-ify itself, but this has yet to occur, which illustrates the difficulty of creating a well-functioning DAO. Dash is one of the first and longest running DAOs showing just how revolutionary Dash is and how Dash is able to achieve functions and consensus building that other coins are unable to achieve.
Dash Media of the Week:
- Three Amigos Chat with Benjamin Nitschke, CEO of DeltaEngine: The creator of MyDashWallet.org sat down with the guys to talk about the features that MyDashWallet offers, the upcoming stress test on Sunday, November 11th (UTC Time), and what it means for the network. Make sure to check this out to get some detailed knowledge!
Dashvember is dashing off to the races with fantastic announcements, outreach, integrations, and overall developments! Stay tuned into our site and social media networks to see all the upcoming Dash News! We hope that our content and coverage was very informative and enjoyable this week and we cannot wait to see what awesome Dash News awaits us next week!
Again, make sure to watch the stress test this Sunday, November 11 (UTC Time) and participate by spending some Dash that day to really help show just how much traffic the Dash network can handle!